No further applications accepted!
IGSDHD program ends in September 2014! There will be no further applications accepted for the program.
All students interested in PhD opportunities in Cologne please have a look on the following links:
- CEPLAS Graduate School: http://ceplas.eu/en/young-researchers/ceplas-graduate-school/
- CECAD Graduate School: http://cecad.uni-koeln.de/UEber-die-Graduate-School.44.0.html
- The PhD program in Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics: http://pharmakologie.uk-koeln.de/graduiertenprogramm
- The International Max Planck Research School ‘Molecular Plant Sciences’ (IMPRS): http://www.mpipz.mpg.de/12715/imprs
- Cologne Graduate School of Ageing Research (IMPRS AGE): http://www.age.mpg.de/career/graduate-school/
- CCRC Graduate Program: http://www.ccrc-cologne.de/about-ccrc-graduate-program/
You can also visit websites of the research groups of your interest to learn about PhD possibilities: Research Groups
Eligibility, Admission and Tuition Fees
- The Graduate School is open to applicants from all countries.
- Fellowships are granted solely on the basis of academic excellence, regardless of the applicant's origin.
- The program is free of tuition fees.
- The university charges an enrollment fee of approx. EUR 230 per semester. This fee is used to finance student services like housing, discounted meals at the university's canteen as well as public transportation etc.
The Graduate School is committed to an equal opportunity policy. We therefore welcome and encourage the application of qualified female candidates.
- applicants should hold a Master's or other degree comparable to a German University Diploma or Master in Biology or Biochemistry
- applicants should be able to document excellent performance in their education
- the program language is English; strong skills in written and spoken English are thus required for acceptance. Taking a formal, standardized test (e.g., the TOEFL) is not mandatory, but language proficiency will be assessed during the evaluation procedure
- knowledge of German is not required for acceptance (but will of course prove useful in everyday life). The Graduate School organizes a German language course for its international students
Candidates holding a B.Sc. degree are generally not eligible for the IGSDHD doctoral fellowships. Exceptions can only be made in a case to case decision for applicants with outstanding grades.
How to apply to IGSDHD
Application and selection go in few steps. To learn more about what you have to do to apply to us and what happens once you have been short-listed, click on the following steps: